For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:11 NIV)
St Paul Lutheran Church was established in 1908 as an extension of the ministry of Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Quihi, Texas, as a mission. Pastor Falkenberg was asked to lead worship here in Hondo.
1908: August 23rd, 22 people signed the membership list to charter St. Paul Lutheran Church. Worship was held at the County Courthouse, then later at the Methodist church building.
1910: Construction of a church building begins on Ave. M
1911: Construction of the church (first stage) was completed
1923: Church parsonage is completed
1948: Church sanctuary extended and Annex was added
1949: Education Building built
1953: Hammond Organ purchased. German service discontinued.
1964: Auxiliary (Youth) Building built on south campus
1970: New parsonage built on 28th St.
1979: Dedication for newly renovated sanctuary
1993: Activity Building built
1997: Allen organ purchased
2001: Hired first Youth Ministers
2003: Mother's Day Out Program began
2006: Joined the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ
2008: Celebrated 100th Anniversary, August 17
2015 - Groundbreaking of new building and lowering of Auxiliary Building
2016 - Dedication of the new Legacy Life Building on South Campus